The History Import is intended to establish part supercession links. The mandatory fields are part number and replacement part number. There are also fields for And/Or, Status, Quantity, UOM (Unit of Measure) and Type.
- And/Or is used when a part is replaced by multiple parts. It can be used to indicate that part A is replaced by parts B or C, for example. The Or value is the default. If nothing is specified, it is assumed that any parts named are valid replacements. A kit being replaced by component parts might be a situation where the And value would be used. For example, part A (a kit) is no longer available and the named replacements are Part B and Part C and Part D.
- Status is used to populate whether a part is Active or Inactive. Valid values for the field are Active or Inactive.
- Quantity is intended to indicate that a part is replaced by two or more of another part number. This is rarely used, and when left empty, the value would be 1.
- UOM is intended to allow for a value like Each.
- Type is intended to indicate when a replacement is Mandatory Discretionary. The default value when no value is supplied is False – creating a discretionary supercession. When parts are unsafe or have been recalled, for example, a supercession could be created that indicated older parts may no longer be used or sold. Valid values are True and False, with True indicating the supercession is mandatory
A sample import file is shown below:
|Part Number||Status||Superceded by||And_Or||Quantity||UOM||Type|